Can an H-1B Visa lead to a green card? - Resources Blog - US Immigration FAQs - Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law - Buffalo NY

Although the maximum period of stay for an H-1B Visa is 6 years, one of the main advantages of the H-1B Visa is “immigrant intent.” H-1B Visa holders may have the intent to remain permanently in the United States, and therefore have the option of filing for permanent residency, or a green card.

If an H-1B Visa holder applies for a change of status or permanent residency before the beginning of their sixth year, they can renew their H-1B Visa perpetually, or until they receive a decision on their permanent residency petition. This is done by filing Form I-539 in a timely manner with proper supporting evidence.

About H-1B Visas About Green Cards through Employment Sponsorship

Additional Outside Resources

We Can Help!

Don’t know where to start? Contact Richards and Jurusik for help with your H-1B Visas and Green Cards.

Contact Us

Similar Posts