The profession of an Entomologist is listed under the USMCA(NAFTA) professions list as a profession that qualifies for TN visa status. If you are a Canadian or Mexican Citizen with an offer of employment from a US employer as an Entomologist, you might qualify to work and live in the US under TN Visa status. We discuss the profession of an Entomologist for TN Visa status under the USMCA and how to qualify here.
What is an Entomologist for TN Visa purposes?
According to the US Department of Labor Entomologists fall under the profession of Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists. In general, Entomologists study insects, such as beetles and butterflies.
How do I qualify for TN Visa status as an Entomologist?
You might qualify for TN Visa status as an Entomologist if you meet the following minimum qualifications:
- You are a Canadian or Mexican Citizen (Permanent Residents do NOT qualify);
- You have a job offer from a US employer or are servicing a contract with a US client;
- You will be performing duties consistent with an Entomologist;
- You have a Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree in a related field; and
- You can demonstrate that you have non-immigrant intent, in other words, the intent to return to your foreign residence at the end of your temporary employment.
Is certification or licensure required to obtain TN Visa status as an Entomologist?
Certification or licensure is NOT a requirement to obtain a TN visa status as an Entomologist.
TN Visa Professions & Occupations List
Additional Outside Resources
We Can Help!
The immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law have more than 30+ years of TN Visa experience helping people to live and work in the United States. Contact us today for an assessment of your qualifications for TN Visa status as an Entomologist.