The immigration Lawyers at Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law have decades of combined experience helping foreign nationals obtain work authorization in the US through temporary work visas.

In order to work legally in the United States, you must first obtain work authorization. The United States has several different nonimmigrant visa classifications for temporary workers, through which the spouse and children who qualify as dependents are also able to obtain dependant visas.

TN Visas for NAFTA Professionals

Canadian citizens and Mexican Citizens benefit from the United States Canada Mexico Agreement (USCMA), formerly NAFTA. Under the USCMA, Canadians and Mexicans that work as professionals in any of the 63 USMCA professions and meet the minimum qualifications are able to obtain TN Visa status to work in the United States.

Download Our TN Visas Guide

Get our FREE comprehensive guide on TN Visas, which details requirements and qualifications for TN Visa status, the application process, maintenance of TN Visa status, TD Visas for dependents, common questions and issues, and tips for success.

E-1 Visas for Treaty Traders

Businesses from treaty countries that conduct substantial trade with the United States are able to obtain an E-1 registration for their business that enables them to send qualifying employees to the United States on E-1 Visas.

E-2 Visas for Treaty Investors

Foreign citizens and businesses from treaty countries with substantial investments in the United States are able to obtain an E-2 registration for their business that enables them to send qualifying employees to the United States on E-2 Visas.

H-1B Visas for Specialty Occupations, DOD Cooperative Research & Development Project Workers, and Fashion Models

Foreign nationals who wish to perform services in a specialty occupation, services of exceptional merit and ability relating to a Department of Defense (DOD) cooperative research and development project, or services as a fashion model of distinguished merit or ability, can apply for the H-1B Visa.

L-1 Visas for Business Expansion into the United States

Foreign businesses that are looking to expand their footprint into the United States can do so under the L-1 Visa for Intracompany Transfers. The L-1 Visa allows for the start-up of a new business and the transfer of qualifying employees to the United States to establish, set up, manage, run, and/or work in the new office.

O-1 Visas for Individuals with Extraordinary Ability

Foreign nationals who possess extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who have a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements, can apply for an O-1 Visa.

Other Temporary Work Visas

We also help foreign nationals with all other relevant temporary work visas, including:

  • CW-1 Visas for CNMI-Only Transitional Workers (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands)
  • E-3 Visas for Specialty Occupation Workers from Australia
  • H-1B1 Visas for Specialty Occupations from Chile & Singapore
  • H-2A Visas for Temporary Agricultural Workers
  • H-2B Visas for Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers
  • H-3 Visas for Nonimmigrant Trainees or Special Education Exchange Visitors
  • I Visas for Representatives of Foreign Media
  • P-1A Visas for Athletes
  • P-1B Visas for Members of an Internationally Recognized Entertainment Group
  • P-2 Visas for Individual Performers or Part of a Group Entering to Perform Under a Reciprocal Exchange Program
  • P-3 Visas for Artists or Entertainers Coming to Be Part of a Culturally Unique Program
  • R-1 Visas for Nonimmigrant Religious Workers

Our Resources for Temporary Work Visas

L1 Visa Approved for a Towing Company
L1 Visa Approved for a Towing Company
When it comes to L1 visa services, finding the right legal representation can be a daunting task. We understand your concerns because we've been there too. But fear not, as we're excited to share a remarkable success story that could be the answer to your immigration needs.
E-2 Visa Approval for Real Estate and Property Management Company
E-2 Visa Approval for Real Estate and Property Management Company
Are you in pursuit of your American dream, seeking an E-2 Visa as a Canadian? Look no further. Richards and Jurusik is the firm that helped one satisfied client achieve this very goal. In this blog post, we delve into the heartwarming success story of our client who experienced top-notch immigration services from Richards and Jurusik.
Does the TN Visa Mandate a Salary or Minimum Wage?
Does the TN Visa Mandate a Salary or Minimum Wage?
While the TN Visa doesn’t have a strict salary requirement, the amount paid should reflect professional qualifications and employment. Accepting only equity complicates the application. Here's why.
Can we help you? Click here and let's find out.