Mexican TN Visa Status Change of Employer at the Border

A Mexican citizen that holds a valid visa is not required to first obtain a new visa before changing or adding employers. In the case of TN Visa applicants, a Mexican citizen may present either an I-797 approval notice issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or a TN visa application in support of new employment under a qualifying TN visa profession. CBP will then issue a new I-94 and admit the applicant under a new TN visa for the new employer. Employment cannot commence for the new employer until the new TN visa has been approved either by mail with USCIS or at a qualifying U.S. port of entry. 

If you have questions about changing your TN visa employer, we can help. We have over 20+ years of experience helping qualified business professionals obtain TN visa status.

Speak with a TN Visa Lawyer