Where can I apply for a TN or L1 Visa from Canada?
U.S. Customs and Border Protection has designated certain ports of entry for applying for first time TN visas and or L1 visas. Designated ports have more experience and training with TN visa and L1 visa applications due to the high volume of cases that they process on a regular basis. It is advised that you process for your TN Visa or L1 Visa at one of the fourteen (14) designated locations. Click here for detailed information for each designated Port.
Do I have to apply at a designated TN Visa or L1 Visa port of entry?
No. However, it is our experience that you will receive the most consistent treatment and best results when applying at a TN Visa or L1 Visa designated port of entry. Apply at a non designated port of entry can be problematic and even lead to a refusal or denial.
Is an appointment required to apply for a TN visa or L1 Visa?
In most cases you are apply to apply for a TN Visa or L1 Visa at your convenience. However, most ports of entry have designated hours and days of the week for processing TN visa and L1 visa applications. In addition, some ports of entry require an appointment to be set up in advance of your application. Before you apply for your TN visa or L1 visa you should check with the port of entry for up to date appointment requirements.
Which ports of entry are designated TN Visa and L1 Visa ports?
There are a total of 14 locations that have been designated for processing TN visa and L1 Visa applications these include the following locations:
- Designated Ports of Entry for TN Visa and L1 Visa Processing in Michigan
- Detroit Canada Tunnel POE
- Detroit Ambassador Bridge POE
- Designated Ports of Entry for TN Visa and L1 Visa Processing in Montana
- Sweetgrass POE
- Designated Ports of Entry for TN Visa and L1 Visa Processing in New York
- Alexandria Bay POE
- Champlain POE
- Peace Bridge POE
- Lewiston Bridge POE
- Rainbow Bridge POE
- Designated Ports of Entry for TN Visa and L1 Visa Processing in Vermont
- Highgate Springs POE
- Derby Line POE
- Designated Ports of Entry for TN Visa and L1 Visa Processing in Washington
- Blaine Peace Arch POE
- Designated Ports of Entry for TN Visa and L1 Visa Processing in Canada
- Calgary International Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport in Toronto
- Trudeau International Airport in Quebec
- Vancouver International Airport
Call a U.S. Immigration Lawyer