The profession of an Epidemiologist is listed under the USMCA(NAFTA) professions list as a profession that qualifies for TN visa status. If you are a Canadian or Mexican Citizen with an offer of employment from a US employer as an Epidemiologist, you might qualify to work and live in the US under TN Visa status. We discuss the profession of an Epidemiologist for TN Visa status under the USMCA and how to qualify here.
What is an Epidemiologist for TN Visa purposes?
According to the US Department of Labor epidemiologists are public health workers who investigate patterns and causes of disease and injury. They seek to reduce the risk and occurrence of negative health outcomes through research, community education, and health policy. They typically do the following:
- Plan and direct studies of public health problems to find ways to prevent them or treat them if they arise
- Collect and analyze information—including data from observations, interviews, surveys, and samples of blood or other bodily fluids—to find the causes of diseases or other health problems
- Communicate findings to health practitioners, policymakers, and the public
- Manage programs through planning, monitoring progress, and seeking ways to improve
- Supervise professional, technical, and clerical personnel
- Write grant proposals to fund research
How do I qualify for TN Visa status as an Epidemiologist?
You might qualify for TN Visa status as an Epidemiologist if you meet the following minimum qualifications:
- You are a Canadian or Mexican Citizen (Permanent Residents do NOT qualify);
- You have a job offer from a US employer or are servicing a contract with a US client;
- You will be performing duties consistent with an Epidemiologist ;
- You have a Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree in a related field; and
- You can demonstrate that you have non-immigrant intent, in other words, the intent to return to your foreign residence at the end of your temporary employment.
Is certification or licensure required to obtain TN Visa status as an Epidemiologist?
Certification or licensure is NOT a requirement to obtain a TN visa status as an Epidemiologist.
Additional Outside Resources
We Can Help!
The immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law have more than 30+ years of TN Visa experience helping people to live and work in the United States. Contact us today for an assessment of your qualifications for TN Visa status as an Epidemiologist.