Marriage based green card

Canadian citizens enjoy visa-exempt status when entering the United States as visitors, requiring only a passport for entry. In certain cases, referred to as ‘noncontrolled Canadians,’ they enter without receiving a stamp upon arrival. Our law firm has extensive experience in assisting such individuals in transitioning to permanent residency in the U.S., particularly through marriage to U.S. citizens. We share a recent success story in this regard.

Case Study: Green Card Approval for Noncontrolled Canadian

Our client, a Canadian citizen, along with her two children, entered the United States as noncontrolled Canadians to visit her husband, a U.S. citizen. During their stay, the family decided to remain in the U.S. permanently. We worked closely with the client to file a one-step green card application for her and her children.

Process and Approval

The application process involved preparing and filing the necessary documentation for adjusting their status to that of permanent residents. Despite the complexities often associated with such cases, we managed to navigate through them efficiently. Subsequently, the entire family was approved for green cards and are now proud U.S. permanent residents.

“Great experience and would recommend to anyone. Jeremy and Danielle were always very responsive our questions and gave us complete peace of mind. Thank you Richards and Jurusik for making it such an easy stress free process!”


This case exemplifies our commitment to helping families navigate the nuances of U.S. immigration law, ensuring a smooth transition from visitor status to permanent residency. It underscores the importance of having knowledgeable and dedicated legal support when undergoing such significant life changes.

Green Cards for Spouses

Successful Case Results

Subscribe to Our Resources Blog

Schedule a Consultation with an Immigration Lawyer

We Can Help!

You may have questions regarding U.S. immigration laws and visas. We invite you to reach out to our team at Richards and Jurusik for detailed guidance and assistance. Our goal is to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information to make your immigration process smoother and less stressful. The immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik have decades of experience helping people to work and live in the United States. Read some of our hundreds of 5-star client reviews! Contact us today for an assessment of your legal situation.

Contact Us

Similar Posts