USCIS Finalizes Premium Processing Expansion for Form I-140 Under EB-1 and EB-2
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has announced a significant expansion of Form I-907 Premium Processing for Form I-140 petitions. This final phase marks an important step in streamlining immigration procedures for multinational executives, managers, and professionals with advanced degrees or exceptional ability.
Introduction of Premium Processing for New I-140 Petitions
This expansion now encompasses new (initial) petitions filed under the E13 and E21 classifications. Specifically, it applies to:
- Multinational executives and managers (E13 classification).
- Professionals with advanced degrees or exceptional abilities seeking a national interest waiver (E21 classification).
Effective Date for the Latest Expansion
Beginning January 30, 2023, USCIS will accept Form I-907 Premium Processing requests for both pending and new I-140 petitions under the E13 and E21 classifications.
Future Developments in Premium Processing
Looking forward, USCIS has outlined further expansions for premium processing services:
- In March 2023: Extension to certain F-1 students applying for Optional Practical Training (OPT) and STEM OPT extensions with pending Form I-765 applications.
- In April 2023: Inclusion of F-1 students filing initial Form I-765 applications for OPT and STEM OPT extensions.
- Upcoming Plans: USCIS is also working towards making premium processing available for Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status.
This expansion aims to expedite processing times, ensuring timely decisions on critical immigration petitions. It represents USCIS’s commitment to improving processing efficiencies and addressing backlogs.
Read the full announcement from USCIS Here
We Can Help!
You may have questions regarding U.S. immigration laws and visas. We invite you to reach out to our team at Richards and Jurusik for detailed guidance and assistance. Our goal is to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information to make your immigration process smoother and less stressful. The immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik have decades of experience helping people to work and live in the United States. Read some of our hundreds of 5-star client reviews! Contact us today for an assessment of your legal situation.