On January 12, 2022, USCIS announced the final phase of Form I-907 Premium Processing expansion for Form I-140 under the EB-1 and EB-2 classifications. We discuss this last step and what is covered in this announcement here.
Form I-907 Now covers new (initial) I-140 Petitions
Under this final phase of the expansion of USCIS Form I-907 for I-140 Petitions, this applies to NEW petitions, in addition to all previously filed Form I-140 petitions under an E13 multinational executive and manager classification or E21 classification as a member of professions with advanced degrees or exceptional ability seeking a national interest waiver (NIW).
When does this change become effective?
USCIS will begin accepting Form I-907 Premium processing requests for both pending and new I-140 Petitions on Jan. 30, 2023, under the following classifications:
- All pending E13 multinational executive and manager petitions and E21 NIW petitions; and
- All initial E13 multinational executive and manager petitions and E21 NIW petitions.
Future Expansion of Form I-907 Premium Processing
USCIS will continue to expand premium processing to additional form types. In March 2023, USCIS will expand premium processing to:
- Certain F-1 students seeking Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- F-1 students seeking STEM OPT extensions who have a pending Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
In April 2023, USCIS will expand premium processing to:
- F-1 students seeking OPT and F-1 students seeking STEM OPT extensions who are filing an initial Form I-765.
USCIS will continue working toward premium processing availability of Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status.
Read the full announcement from USCIS Here
We Can Help!
The US immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law have more than 30+ years of experience helping people to live and work in the United States. Contact us today for an assessment of your legal situation.