On May 24, 2022, US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced the implementation of premium processing for certain pending Form I-140 Immigration Petitions for Foreign Workers under EB-1 and EB-2 categories. We explain this announcement and who benefits here.
Who is covered in this expansion of premium processing?
This expansion of premium processing applies to petitioners who have a pending Form I-140 Petition for the following workers:
- Multinational Executives and Managers
- Members of Professions with Advanced degrees or exceptional ability
- National Interest Waiver (NIW) Petitions
When will the expansion take effect?
- Beginning on June 1, 2022, USCIS will begin accepting Form I-907 requests for Multinational executive and manager petitions received on or before Jan. 1, 2021.
- Beginning on July 1, 2022, USCIS will begin accepting Form I-907 requests for National Interest Waiver (NIW) petitions received on or before June 1, 2021, and Multinational executive and manager petitions received on or before March 1, 2021.
How do I apply for premium processing?
You can request premium processing for your pending case if you meet the above requirements by filing Form I-907 Request for Premium Processing with USCIS.