How do I get my CBP Form I-94 Record? - Resources Blog - US Immigration FAQs - Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law - Buffalo NY

CBP Form I-94 is required if you are filing for an immigration benefit with USCIS, such as a visa extension, a visa renewal, a change of status, or an adjustment of status. Find out more about what it is, why you need it, and where to find it.

What is CBP Form I94?

US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Form I-94 is a record that you were lawfully inspected and admitted into the United States. CBP Form I-94 indicates the date you were admitted, your class of admission (TN, H1B, L1, etc.), and the date your lawful admission expires (“Admit until” date). Form I-94 is used to prove your lawful admission, and in the case of employment, your authorization to work in the United States.

Where do I find my CBP Form I-94?

In most cases, CBP has transitioned primarily to electronic I-94s. For example, Canadians will receive an electronic CBP Form I-94 that can be retrieved with a passport. If you were admitted prior to the change to electronic I-94s, you can find the I-94 stapled to your passport in the form of a little white card similar to the one in the image above. Your most recent I-94 admission record can be retrieved electronically through CBP Here: Retrieve my CBP Form I-94

You will need the information from the passport bio page that you used when entering the United States to retrieve your I-94 record.

Why do I need CBP Form I-94?

CBP Form I-94 is often required in order to complete Form I-9 for employment verification purposes. It is also used to obtain a US Social Security number (SSN), as well as to prove lawful admission for adjustment of status.

How do I get a Social Security Number (SSN) on a Non-Immigrant Visa?

Additional Outside Resources

We Can Help!

Don’t know where to start? The immigration attorneys at Richards and Jurusik have more than 30 years of experience in US immigration law. If you have questions about your particular situation, contact us for an assessment of your US immigration matters.

Contact Us

Similar Posts