How do I track the delivery of my green card, EAD, or travel document? - Resources Blog - US Immigration FAQs - Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law - Buffalo NY

Completing the USCIS application process is a significant achievement. Still, the anticipation of receiving your green card, employment authorization document (EAD), or travel document can be exciting and nerve-wracking. To alleviate the uncertainty, here’s a guide on tracking the delivery of your USCIS documents.

How to Track Your Documents:

1. USCIS Case Status Online Account:

  • Register for a USCIS Case Status Online Account for automatic updates on your case.
  • Receive your USPS tracking number when your document is mailed out.
  • Gain a comprehensive view of the status and expected delivery date.

2. USPS Informed Delivery:

  • Sign up for USPS Informed Delivery to receive daily images of mail in transit.
  • Automatically track packages, set up email and text alerts, and provide delivery instructions.
  • Enhance your awareness of incoming mail, including USCIS documents.

Address Accuracy Matters:

If your tracking information indicates that your package was ‘delivered,’ but you haven’t received it, take immediate action:

  1. Contact Local Post Office: Promptly report the issue to your local post office.
  2. Update Your Address: Ensure accuracy with USCIS; update your address promptly.
  3. Stay Proactive: USCIS mails documents to the address on your application, so staying proactive is crucial.

Proactive Measures for Smooth Delivery:

  • Regular Updates: Keep your USCIS Case Status Online Account information current.
  • Timely Address Changes: If your address changes, update it promptly with USCIS and USPS.
  • Communication with USPS: Establish communication channels with USPS for prompt issue resolution.

Tracking the delivery of your USCIS documents ensures their safe arrival and provides peace of mind during the waiting period. Stay informed and proactive, and enjoy the excitement of receiving your long-awaited documents.

Subscribe to Our Resources Blog

Schedule a Consultation with an Immigration Lawyer


We Can Help!

You may have questions regarding U.S. immigration laws and visas. We invite you to contact our team at Richards and Jurusik for detailed guidance and assistance. We aim to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information to make your immigration process smoother and less stressful. The immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik have decades of experience helping people to work and live in the United States. Read some of our hundreds of 5-star client reviews! Contact us today to assess your legal situation.

Contact Us

Similar Posts