What is a Hotel Manager for TN visa purposes?
In general, a Hotel Manager has the responsibility of managing a hotel and its staff with commercial accountability for financial management, budgeting, organizing, planning, and directing all hotel services such as reception, reservations, concierge, housekeeping, and food and beverage operations. While a hotel manager takes a strategic overview and plans ahead to maximize profits, he/she also pays attention to details and sets standards for the staff to deliver the ideal services that meet the guests’ expectations. The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) provides a detailed breakdown of the Hotel Manager profession through O*NET Online.
Qualifications for a TN Visa as a Hotel Manager
- Proof of Canadian or Mexican Citizenship;
- A detailed offer/support letter from a U.S. employer; AND
- Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management; OR; Post-secondary Diploma or Post-secondary Certificate in Hotel/Restaurant Management, AND Three years experience in Hotel/Restaurant Management.
TN Visa application process
A new TN visa can be obtained in one of three (3) ways:
- In-person with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP),
- By mail with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), or
- At a U.S. Consulate or Embassy.
TN Visa Duration
A qualified TN Visa Hotel Manager can obtain a TN Visa for a maximum of three(3) years per stay.
TN visa extensions can be obtained every three (3) years with no limit on the number of possible extensions. You are able to obtain an extension of your TN Visa for as long as needed.
TN Visa to Green Card Through Employment
In many cases, a U.S. employer is able to sponsor a TN visa holder for a green card through the Permanent Labor Certification Process with the U.S. Department of Labor (PERM). Since the TN visa is a nonimmigrant visa, this process must be handled carefully. If you need help with the TN visa to green card process make sure you work with a TN Visa lawyer familiar with this process.
TN Visa Hotel as a Manager
The USMCA (NAFTA) professions list includes hotel managers. Qualified Canadian and Mexican citizens are able to obtain TN visa status to work and live in the United States. We have over 20+ years of combined experience with TN visa applications with hundreds of 5-star reviews. If you are a Hotel Manager, we can help you obtain a TN visa.