TN visa

TN Visa Change of Status

If you are currently in the United States on a TN visa, you can change your status to another visa classification by filing Form I-539 with US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). To change your status while in the United States, you must file a request with USCIS  before your authorized period of stay expires. We commonly see TN visa holders file to change their status to a visitor visa (B Visa) or dependant visa (TD, H4, L2, etc.). Before filing Form I-539 you should verify that is it the correct Form for your situation.