TN Visa as a Lawyer. The USMCA (NAFTA) professions list includes Lawyer. Qualified Canadian and Mexican citizens are able to obtain TN visa status to work and live in the United States as a Lawyer. We have over 20+ years of combined experience with TN visa change of employer applications with hundreds of 5 star reviews. We can assist you with your TN visa application as Lawyers. Contact us for a free assessment of your case as a TN Visa Lawyer 1-866-697-1832

What is a Lawyer for TN visa purposes?

In general, a Lawyer defends an entity or a person in different legal proceedings which may fall into a variety of different categories, wherein most belong to either civil litigation or criminal litigation. A Lawyer acts on behalf of another, expresses the client’s opinion and protects the best interest of the client. This professional represents the client in mediations, business transactions, court hearings and other legal arrangements or proceedings in which the law is discussed. The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) provides a detailed breakdown of the Lawyer profession through O*NET Online.

Qualifications for a TN Visa as a Lawyer

  1. Proof of Canadian or Mexican Citizenship;
  2. A detailed offer/support letter from a U.S. employer; AND
  3. LL.B., J.D., LL.L., B.C.L. or Licenciatura Degree (five years); OR Membership in a State/Provincial bar.

TN Visa application process

A new TN visa can be obtained in one of three (3) ways: (1) In person with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), (2) By mail with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), or (3) At a U.S. Consulate or Embassy.

TN Visa Duration

A qualified TN Visa Lawyer can obtain a TN Visa for a maximum of three(3) years per stay.

TN Visa Lawyer Extension

TN visa extensions can be obtained every three (3) years with no limit on the number of possible extensions. You are able to obtain an extension of your TN Visa for as long as needed.

TN Visa Lawyer to Green Card Through Employment

In many cases a U.S. employer is able to sponsor a TN visa holder for a green card through the Permanent Labor Certification Process with the U.S. Department of Labor (PERM). Since the TN visa is a nonimmigrant visa, this process must be handled carefully. If you need help with the TN visa to green card process make sure you work with a TN Visa lawyer familiar with this process.

Speak with a TN Visa Lawyer