TN Visa Land Surveyor. The USMCA (NAFTA) professions list includes Land Surveyor. Qualified Canadian and Mexican citizens are able to obtain TN visa status to work and live in the United States as Land Surveyors. We have over 20+ years of combined experience with TN visa change of employer applications with hundreds of 5 star reviews. We can assist you to change your employer while remaining in the United States. Contact us for a free assessment of your case as a TN Visa Land Surveyor 1-866-697-1832

Speak with a TN Visa Lawyer


What is a Land Surveyor for TN visa purposes?

In general, a Land Surveyor is involved whenever there are railways, roads, dams, reservoirs, bridges, retaining walls and buildings to be built. The surveyor measures and determines property boundaries with precision and provides data of every detailed aspect of land features for purposes of engineering, mapmaking, land evaluation, mining, construction and such others. Some other potential job titles of Land Surveyor are Surveyor, County Surveyor, Engineer, Survey Party Chief, Geodesist, Licensed Land Surveyor, Engineering Technician, Professional Land Surveyor and Mine Surveyor. The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) provides a detailed breakdown of the Land Surveyor profession through O*NET Online.

Qualifications for a TN Visa Land Surveyor

  1. Proof of Canadian or Mexican Citizenship;
  2. A detailed offer/support letter from a U.S. employer; and
  3. Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree; OR State/provincial/Federal license.

TN Visa Land Surveyor application process

A new TN visa can be obtained in one of three (3) ways: (1) In person with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), (2) By mail with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), or (3) At a U.S. Consulate or Embassy.

TN Visa Duration

A qualified TN Visa Land Surveyor can obtain a TN Visa for a maximum of three(3) years per stay.

TN Visa Extension

TN visa extensions can be obtained every three (3) years with no limit on the number of possible extensions. You are able to obtain an extension of your TN Visa for as long as needed.

TN Visa Land Surveyor to Green Card Through Employment

In many cases a U.S. employer is able to sponsor a TN visa holder for a green card through the Permanent Labor Certification Process with the U.S. Department of Labor (PERM). Since the TN visa is a nonimmigrant visa, this process must be handled carefully. If you need help with the TN visa to green card process make sure you work with a TN Visa lawyer familiar with this process.

Speak with a TN Visa Lawyer