The E-2 Investor visa has been designated for citizens of countries that maintain treaties of commerce and navigation with the United States. Qualifying E2 Visa entities can become registered as E Visa Companies. Qualifying owners, executives, supervisors, or essentially skilled employees are able to obtain E2 visas to perform work for the company inside the United States. We discuss what businesses can qualify for registration as an E2 Visa company here.
What businesses qualify for an E2 Visa?
There are no specific business types that qualify for an E2 Visa. As long as the basic criteria for the E2 visa have been met, any business can become an E2 Visa Registered Company. This applies to both new and existing businesses. For example, we have worked with clients to obtain E2 visa registrations for the following companies:
- Real Estate Company
- Property Management Company
- Frozen Yogurt Franchise
- Pizza Franchise
- Educational Learning Franchise
- Mobile Home Park
- Shopping Mall
- Dog Groomer
- Gas Station
- Strip Mall
- Storage Facility
- Logistics Company
- IT Service Providers
- And many more…
What are the E2 Visa requirements?
The basic requirements to become an E-2 Visa Registered Company are:
- Applicant must have invested or be in process of investing. Cannot be speculative. The funds must be committed and at risk.
- The business must be real and active. In the case of a new business, you must be able to prove that the business will provide some service or commodity once the visa is issued.
- The investment must be substantial. There is no set dollar amount. Substantial is an amount sufficient to ensure the treaty investor’s financial commitment to the successful operation of the enterprise, and of a magnitude to support the likelihood that the treaty investor will successfully develop and direct the enterprise.
- The business must be more than marginal. In other words, the business must create jobs for US workers.
Additional Outside Resources
We Can Help!
Don’t know where to start? The immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law have hundreds of 5-star client reviews and more than 30+ years of experience helping qualifying businesses become E2 Visa Registered businesses. We typically start with a case assessment and offer several levels of E2 Visa legal services to fit your needs.