USCIS update

On October 20, 2022, US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced an important update regarding expedited work authorization (EAD) procedures, specifically for healthcare and childcare workers. This initiative is designed to streamline the process for those holding valid immigration status and whose initial Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization has been pending for over 90 days.

Eligibility for Expedited EAD as Healthcare and Childcare Workers

USCIS has provided specific guidelines to determine if you qualify for an expedited EAD as either a healthcare or childcare worker.

  • Healthcare Workers: This category includes a broad spectrum of professionals ranging from clinical staff and laboratory personnel to administrative and support roles within healthcare facilities. The list encompasses physicians, nurses, therapists, pharmacists, emergency medical personnel, healthcare facility support staff, and more.
  • Childcare Workers: Classified under SOC code 39-9011, this includes professionals attending to children in various settings. It excludes certain categories like Preschool Teachers and Teaching Assistants.

Procedure to Request Expedited EAD Processing

If you meet the outlined qualifications, you can request expedited processing of your EAD application by contacting the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY 800-767-1833). This request should be based on your specific circumstances as a qualifying healthcare or childcare worker.

Required Evidence for Expedited EAD Request

To support your expedited EAD request, you’ll need to provide evidence of your professional status. This may include:

  • An Employment Verification Letter detailing your role and responsibilities.
  • Recent earnings statements or pay stubs.
  • Proof of current valid immigration status.

It’s crucial to provide comprehensive and convincing evidence. Insufficient proof might lead to USCIS not accommodating your request for expedited processing of Form I-765.

This update represents USCIS’s commitment to addressing the needs of vital sectors like healthcare and childcare, especially during critical times. For eligible healthcare and childcare workers, understanding these guidelines is key to taking advantage of expedited EAD processing.

How do I expedite my work and travel authorization?

Additional Outside Resources

Subscribe to Our Resources Blog

Schedule a Consultation with an Immigration Lawyer

We Can Help!

You may have questions regarding U.S. immigration laws and visas. We invite you to reach out to our team at Richards and Jurusik for detailed guidance and assistance. Our goal is to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information to make your immigration process smoother and less stressful. The immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik have decades of experience helping people to work and live in the United States. Read some of our hundreds of 5-star client reviews! Contact us today for an assessment of your legal situation.

Contact Us

Similar Posts