The US Embassy and Consulates in Mexico have resumed limited processing of TN visas. TN visa appointments are now only available in Mexico City, Ciudad Juarez, and Guadalajara. Read more about this update to TN visa processing in Mexico here.
What if I had a previously scheduled TN visa appointment in Tijuana?
Previously scheduled TN visa appointments in Tijuana will be honored, but expedited appointments cannot be accommodated, and new TN visa appointments cannot be made.
What should I expect with these processing changes?
You should expect longer than normal wait times if you are applying for a TN visa in Mexico. Verify the current status of TN visa processing at the US Embassy or Consulate ahead of time and plan accordingly.
How do I monitor changes in TN visa processing in Mexico?
You can find the most current information on TN visa processing in Mexico at the following link: STATUS OF VISA PROCESSING AT THE U.S. EMBASSY AND CONSULATES IN MEXICO
What if I already made the visa payment (MRV Fee)?
The Department of State has extended the validity of visa payments until September 30, 2023, to allow all applicants who were unable to schedule a visa appointment with the paid fee.
Do I qualify for a nonimmigrant visa interview waiver?
Nonimmigrant workers applying for a TN visa who meet the following conditions may qualify for a waiver of their nonimmigrant visa interview if:
- They are applying for a visa in their country of nationality or residence.
- They were previously issued any type of visa
- They have never been refused a visa unless such refusal was overcome or waived
- They have no apparent ineligibility or potential ineligibility
- Applicants renewing any visa within 48 months of expiration are also eligible for an interview waiver.
Additional Outside Resources
- US Visa Services: Status of Visa Processing in Mexico
- DOS: Waivers of the Interview Requirement for Certain Nonimmigrant Visas
- DOS: Visa Wait Times
We Can Help!
The immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law have more than 20 years of experience helping people obtain TN visas to live and work in the United States. Contact us today for a free assessment of your legal situation.