The US Secretary of State authorized consular officers through the end of 2022 to waive the in-person interview requirement for certain temporary employment nonimmigrant visa applicants who have a petition approved by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Find out if you qualify here.
Who qualifies for a nonimmigrant visa interview waiver?
Nonimmigrant workers applying for H-1, H-3, H-4, L, O, P, and Q visas who meet the following conditions may qualify for a waiver of their nonimmigrant visa interview:
- They are applying for a visa in their country of nationality or residence.
- They were previously issued any type of visa
- They have never been refused a visa unless such refusal was overcome or waived
- They have no apparent ineligibility or potential ineligibility
- First-time individual petition-based H-1, H-3, H-4, L, O, P, and Q who are citizens or nationals of a country that participates in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), provided they have no apparent ineligibility or potential ineligibility and have previously traveled to the United States using an authorization obtained via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).
- Applicants renewing any visa (Including a TN Visa) within 48 months of expiration are also eligible for an interview waiver.
Additional Outside Resources
We Can Help!
The immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law have more than 30+ years of experience helping people to live and work in the United States. Contact us today for a free assessment of your legal situation.