USCIS filing fees by credit card

When you file a petition or application with US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), it is important to include the filing fees with an acceptable form of payment. If you submit a case to USCIS without payment or with an incorrect form of payment, your case will be rejected and returned. Also, if your credit card is declined, USCIS will reject your case. We discuss paying USCIS filing fees by credit card below.

How to use your Credit Card for USCIS filing fees

You may use Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Make sure the card has enough money to cover the fee at the time of filing. USCIS will reject your application, petition, or request if the card is declined, and will not attempt to process your credit card payment a second time. There is a daily transaction limit for credit cards of $24,999.99 per credit card per day. Alternatively, you can use a debit card from a financial institution located in the United States. Credit card fees are submitted using USCIS Form G-1450. A separate USCIS Form G-1450 is required for each application, petition, or request, including premium processing. USCIS Service Centers will accept Form G-1450 with a scan, fax, or copy of the original signature. There is no additional cost to file by credit card. USCIS cannot accept a credit card issued by a foreign bank.

  1. Complete and sign Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions for each petition or request.
  2. Place the form on top of your application, petition, or request.
  3. Mail the entire package to the appropriate USCIS Lockbox.

If USCIS accepts your filing, they will:

  • Charge your credit card for the proper amount; and
  • Destroy your Form G-1450 to protect your credit card information (They will destroy it even if they reject your filing and do not process your payment).

You will see a charge from USCIS on your credit card statement.

Additional Outside Resources

We Can Help!

The immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law have more than 20 years of experience helping people to live and work in the United States. Contact us today for an assessment of your legal situation.

Contact Us

Similar Posts