The profession of an Apiculturist (Beekeeper) is listed under the USMCA(NAFTA) professions list as a profession that qualifies for TN visa status. If you are a Canadian or Mexican Citizen with an offer of employment from a US employer as an Apiculturist, you might qualify to work and live in the US under TN Visa status. We discuss the profession of an Apiculturist for TN Visa status under the USMCA and how to qualify here.
What is an Apiculturist for TN Visa purposes?
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH), Apiculturists (Beekeeping) fall under the profession of Agricultural and Food Scientists. See the following for the details from the OOH Agricultural and Food Scientists.
How do I qualify for TN Visa status as an Apiculturist?
You might qualify for TN Visa status as an Apiculturist if you meet the following minimum qualifications:
- You are a Canadian or Mexican Citizen (Permanent Residents do NOT qualify);
- You have a job offer from a US employer or are servicing a contract with a US client;
- You will be performing duties consistent with an Apiculturist;
- You have a Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree; and
- You can demonstrate that you have non-immigrant intent, in other words, the intent to return to your foreign residence at the end of your temporary employment.
Additional Outside Resources
We Can Help!
The immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law have more than 30+ years of TN Visa experience helping people to live and work in the United States. Contact us today for an assessment of your qualifications for TN Visa status as an Apiculturist.