The profession of Animal Scientist is listed under the USMCA(NAFTA) professions list as a profession that qualifies for TN visa status. If you are a Canadian or Mexican Citizen with an offer of employment from a US employer as an Animal Scientist, you might qualify to work and live in the US under TN Visa status. We discuss the profession of an Animal Scientist for TN Visa status under the USMCA and how to qualify here.
What is an Animal Scientist for TN Visa purposes?
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH), Animal Scientists do the following:
Conduct research in the genetics, nutrition, reproduction, growth, and development of domestic farm animals.
- Study nutritional requirements of animals and nutritive values of animal feed materials.
- Write up or orally communicate research findings to the scientific community, producers, and the public.
- Develop improved practices in feeding, housing, sanitation, or parasite and disease control of animals.
- Advise producers about improved products and techniques that could enhance their animal production efforts.
- Conduct research concerning animal nutrition, breeding, or management to improve products or processes.
- Study effects of management practices, processing methods, feed, or environmental conditions on quality and quantity of animal products, such as eggs and milk.
- Research and control animal selection and breeding practices to increase production efficiency and improve animal quality.
- Determine genetic composition of animal populations and heritability of traits, using principles of genetics.
- Crossbreed animals with existing strains or cross strains to obtain new combinations of desirable characteristics.
How do I qualify for TN Visa status as an Animal Scientist?
You might qualify for TN Visa status as an Animal Scientist if you meet the following minimum qualifications:
- You are a Canadian or Mexican Citizen (Permanent Residents do NOT qualify);
- You have a job offer from a US employer or are servicing a contract with a US client;
- You will be performing duties consistent with an Animal Scientist;
- You have a Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree in English; and
- You can demonstrate that you have non-immigrant intent, in other words, the intent to return to your foreign residence at the end of your temporary employment.
TN Visa Professions & Occupations List
Additional Outside Resources
We Can Help!
The immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law have more than 30+ years of TN Visa experience helping people to live and work in the United States. Contact us today for an assessment of your qualifications for TN Visa status as an Animal Scientist.