Unlock the possibilities of securing TN Visa status as a Research Assistant in U.S. post-secondary educational institutions under the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA). This guide walks you through the role’s intricacies, eligibility criteria, and the essential steps to attain TN Visa status.
Decoding the Research Assistant Role for TN Visa:
Under the USMCA’s prescribed professions, the Research Assistant category is exclusively reserved for individuals engaged in research roles within post-secondary educational institutions. It’s crucial to note that job offers from other types of employers won’t meet the TN Visa requirements for Research Assistants under the USMCA.
Qualifying for TN Visa as a Research Assistant:
Ensure you meet the following criteria for TN Visa eligibility as a Research Assistant:
- Citizenship: Be a citizen of Canada or Mexico; permanent residents are ineligible.
- Employment Offer: Secure a job offer specifically from a U.S. post-secondary educational institution.
- Job Duties: Align your responsibilities with the typical duties of a Research Assistant, as defined by the Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH).
- Academic Qualifications: Hold a Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree in a research-related field.
- Non-Immigrant Intent: Provide evidence of your intention to return to your home country after the conclusion of your temporary employment in the U.S.
Understanding these guidelines marks the initial step towards realizing your goal of obtaining TN Visa status as a Research Assistant. Fulfill all conditions meticulously to qualify for your visa status and embark on a rewarding research journey in the U.S.
We Can Help!
You may have questions regarding U.S. immigration laws and visas. We invite you to reach out to our team at Richards and Jurusik for detailed guidance and assistance. Our goal is to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information to make your immigration process smoother and less stressful. The immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik have decades of experience helping people to work and live in the United States. Read some of our hundreds of 5-star client reviews! Contact us today for an assessment of your legal situation.