The profession of Poultry Scientist is listed under the USMCA(NAFTA) professions list as a profession that qualifies for TN visa status. If you are a Canadian or Mexican Citizen with an offer of employment from a US employer as a Poultry Scientist, you might qualify to work and live in the US under TN Visa status. We discuss the profession of a Poultry Scientist for TN Visa status under the USMCA and how to qualify here.
What is a Poultry Scientist for TN Visa purposes?
According to the US Department of Labor (DOL), Poultry Scientists fall under the profession of Animal Scientists and typically conduct research in the genetics, nutrition, reproduction, growth, and development of domestic farm animals.
How do I qualify for TN Visa status as a Poultry Scientist?
You might qualify for TN Visa status as a Poultry Scientist if you meet the following minimum qualifications:
- You are a Canadian or Mexican Citizen (Permanent Residents do NOT qualify);
- You have a job offer from a US employer or are servicing a contract with a US client;
- You will be performing duties consistent with a Poultry Scientist;
- You have a Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree in a related field; and
- You can demonstrate that you have non-immigrant intent, in other words, the intent to return to your foreign residence at the end of your temporary employment.
Is certification or licensure required to obtain TN Visa status as a Poultry Scientist?
Certification and licensure are not a requirement to obtain TN visa status as a Poultry Scientist.
Additional Outside Resources
We Can Help!
The immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law have more than 30+ years of TN Visa experience helping people to live and work in the United States. Contact us today for an assessment of your qualifications for TN Visa status as a Poultry Scientist.