The profession of an Animal Breeder is listed under the USMCA(NAFTA) professions list as a profession that qualifies for TN visa status. If you are a Canadian or Mexican Citizen with an offer of employment from a US employer as an Animal Breeder, you might qualify to work and live in the US under TN Visa status. We discuss the profession of an Animal Breeder for TN Visa status under the USMCA and how to qualify here.
What is an Animal Breeder for TN Visa purposes?
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH), an Animal Breeder does the following:
Select and breed animals according to their genealogy, characteristics, and offspring. May require knowledge of artificial insemination techniques and equipment use. May involve keeping records on heats, birth intervals, or pedigree. Excludes “Animal Scientists” (19-1011) whose primary function is research and “Animal Caretakers” (39-2021) who may occasionally breed animals as part of their other caretaking duties.
How do I qualify for TN Visa status as an Animal Breeder?
You might qualify for TN Visa status as an Animal Breeder if you meet the following minimum qualifications:
- You are a Canadian or Mexican Citizen (Permanent Residents do NOT qualify);
- You have a job offer from a US employer or are servicing a contract with a US client;
- You will be performing duties consistent with an Animal Breeder;
- You have a Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree; and
- You can demonstrate that you have non-immigrant intent, in other words, the intent to return to your foreign residence at the end of your temporary employment.
TN Visa Professions & Occupations List
Additional Outside Resources
We Can Help!
The immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law have more than 30+ years of TN Visa experience helping people to live and work in the United States. Contact us today for an assessment of your qualifications for TN Visa status as an Animal Breeder.