Here are the three most important things to know before you apply for an L-1 Visa or a TN Visa in Buffalo, New York.
1. Appointments are required.
The Port of Buffalo, which includes the Fort Erie/Buffalo Peace Bridge, the Niagara Falls/Rainbow Bridge, and the Lewiston Queenston Bridge, requires advanced appointments for the processing of applications for both TN Visas and L-1 Visas. If you will be applying for a TN visa or an L-1 Visa in the Port of Buffalo, you must call ahead to schedule your appointment. Walk-in appointments are not accepted.
- To schedule your appointment at the Port of Buffalo, call (716) 843-8521 Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. EST. You will receive a confirmation number after scheduling your appointment.
- Appointments for processing TN Visa and L-1 Visa applications occur Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. EST.
2. Make your appointment well in advance.
Due to the demand for appointments at the Port of Buffalo, appointments fill up quickly. We recommend calling to reserve your appointment at least 2 weeks in advance.
3. Submit your documents in advance.
In some cases, it makes sense to submit your application documents in advance. After scheduling an appointment and receiving your confirmation number, documents may be submitted in advance in the USCBP Electronic Secured Adjudication Forms Environment (e-SAFE). When submitting your documents make sure to include your confirmation number. Your documents may be submitted in advance to: BuffaloUSMCA@cbp.dhs.gov
Additional Outside Resources
We Can Help!
Don’t know where to start? Contact Richards and Jurusik for help with your TN Visa or L-1 Visa.