DUI Entry to Canada

If you have a DUI (Driving Under the Influence) conviction, it may affect your ability to enter Canada. Canadian immigration law considers DUI offenses as serious criminal offenses, and individuals with a DUI conviction may be deemed inadmissible to Canada. In some cases, a lawyer can help you enter Canada even with a DUI.

Can a Lawyer Help Me Enter Canada with a DUI?

A lawyer may help you with various strategies, such as applying for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) or Criminal Rehabilitation. A TRP allows individuals who are otherwise inadmissible to enter Canada for a specific purpose and duration. Criminal Rehabilitation, on the other hand, is a more permanent solution that removes the inadmissibility permanently. Keep in mind that the success of your case depends on several factors, including the details of your conviction, the time that has passed since the offense, your personal circumstances, and the specific immigration laws and policies in effect at the time of your application.

It’s crucial to consult with a qualified immigration lawyer who can provide advice tailored to your situation and guide you through the legal process. They will be able to provide you with accurate and up-to-date information based on the current immigration regulations and policies in Canada.

It’s important to note that entry to Canada is not guaranteed and is subject to the discretion of the immigration officer reviewing your application. It’s highly recommended to seek legal assistance from a qualified Canadian immigration lawyer to ensure that you understand the process and meet all the requirements for criminal rehabilitation in Canada.

How do I get criminal rehabilitation (CR) in Canada?

What is a temporary resident permit (TRP) for Canada and do I need one?

What is “Deemed Rehabilitation” for entry to Canada?

Additional Outside Resources

We Can Help!

The US immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law have more than 30+ years of experience helping people to obtain entry to Canada with DUIs and other criminal convictions. Read some of our hundreds of 5-star client reviews! Contact us today for an assessment of your legal situation.

Contact Us

Similar Posts