As a Mexican, do I need to get a new TN Visa before I change jobs? - Resources Blog - US Immigration FAQs - Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law - Buffalo NY

Mexican citizens have a couple of options to handle a TN Visa status change of employer at the border.

A Mexican citizen that holds a valid TN Visa is not required to first obtain a new visa before changing or adding employers. In the case of TN Visa applicants, a Mexican citizen may present either:

  • An I-797 approval notice issued by USCIS
  • A TN Visa application in support of new employment under a qualifying TN Visa profession

CBP will then issue a new I-94 and admit the applicant under a new TN Visa for the new employer. However, employment for the new employer cannot commence until the new TN Visa has been approved either by mail with USCIS or at a qualifying US port of entry.

About TN Visas TN Visa Professions

Additional Outside Resources

We Can Help!

Don’t know where to start? Contact Richards and Jurusik for help with your TN Visas.

Contact Us

Similar Posts