US Work Visas for Mexicans

Are you a Mexican citizen exploring opportunities to work in the United States? The process begins with obtaining the right work visa – a mandate for any foreign national seeking to work in the US. This guide will help you navigate the various US work visa options available to Mexican citizens based on work type and qualifications.

The best work visa for a Mexican citizen is not one-size-fits-all; it varies depending on your unique circumstances. This article will help you make an informed decision before applying for a US work visa.

TN-2 Visa Under USMCA

The TN-2 Visa, facilitated by the US-Canada-Mexico Agreement (USMCA), is ideal for Mexican business professionals with US job offers or contracts. With 63 professions qualifying for the TN-2 visa status, check whether your job profile aligns with this provision.

TN Visa Professions & Occupations List

H-1B Visa: Option for Specialty Occupations

The H-1B visa caters to those working in specialty occupations, demanding at least a four-year degree or equivalent experience. If your profession doesn’t align with the TN visa’s list, the H-1B might be the right alternative. However, do remember to plan in advance due to its annual lottery and limited issuance.

H-1B Visas for Mexicans

L-1 Visa: Solution for Employee Transfers

If you’re associated with a company having US offices, you might qualify for an L-1 visa, meant for employee transfers between US and foreign entities. Mexican citizens holding executive, managerial, or specialized knowledge positions may be eligible for the L-1 visa.

L-1 Visas for Mexicans

O-1 Visa for Extraordinary Achievers

For Mexican citizens demonstrating extraordinary ability in science, arts, education, business, athletics, or the motion picture/television industry, the O-1 Visa is a great option. If you’ve achieved national or international recognition for your extraordinary achievements, consider applying for an O-1 visa.

O-1 Visas for Mexicans with Extraordinary Ability

E-1 Visa: Trade-Based Option

The E-1 Visa is designated for Mexican businesses and professionals engaging primarily in trade with the US. If more than half of your international business (excluding Mexico) is with the US, the E-1 could be an apt choice.

E-1 Visas for MexicanTraders

E-2 Visa: Designed for Investors

Finally, the E-2 Visa caters to Mexican citizens who’ve made significant business investments in the US, simultaneously creating jobs for US workers. If you’ve heavily invested in a US business enterprise, the E-2 investor visa may be a great fit for managing your business interests in the country.

E-2 Visas for Mexican Investors

Schedule a Consultation with an Immigration Lawyer

We Can Help!

You may have questions regarding working in the U.S. as a Mexican National. We invite you to reach out to our team at Richards and Jurusik for detailed guidance and assistance. Our goal is to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information to make your immigration process smoother and less stressful. The immigration lawyers at Richards and Jurusik have decades of experience helping people to work and live in the United States. Read some of our hundreds of 5-star client reviews! Contact us today for an assessment of your legal situation.

Contact Us

Similar Posts