As a Canadian, do I need a TN Visa? - Resources Blog - US Immigration FAQs - Richards and Jurusik Immigration Law - Buffalo NY

Generally, Canadian citizens are considered visa-exempt, and therefore do not require a visa to enter the United States for a visit, tourism, or temporary business purposes. Canadian business visitors, on the other hand, are granted a stay in the US for up to six (6) months at the time of entry, as long as they comply with the limits of stay as a business visitor. (Learn more about business visitors.)

If your visit to the US falls outside of the limits of a visitor or a business visitor, you may require a TN Visa.

Canadian Citizens that may require TN Visas

If you will be working inside the United States for either a US-based or foreign employer, you may be required to obtain a temporary work visa. Under USCMA, qualified Canadian business professionals are able to obtain TN visa status under designated TN professions.

In general, a TN Visa will be required if the following apply:

  • You have an offer of employment for a US entity
  • You receive your wages from a US entity
  • You are an employee of a US entity
  • You are entering the US as an employee of a Canadian company servicing a US entity

About TN Visas Our TN Visa Lawyer Services

We Can Help!

Don’t know where to start? If you have questions about whether your particular situation qualifies, contact Richards and Jurusik for help with your TN Visas. We have more than 20 years of experience helping people live and work in the US on TN Visas.

Contact Us

Similar Posts