Buffalo (Main Office)

42 Delaware Ave, Suite 710
Buffalo, NY 14202
(716) 970-4007

Toronto, Ontario

439 University Avenue, 5th Floor
Toronto, ON M5G 1Y8
(866) 697-1832
By Appointment Only


K1 Fiancé Visa Lawyer

K1 fiance visa lawyer

US Immigration Lawyers Assisting Fiances of US Citizens

The U.S. Immigration Lawyers at Richards and Jurusik have more than 20+ years of combined experience in U.S. Immigration law including K1 visas for fiances of U.S. Citizens.  If you are U.S. citizen looking for representation to assist you with the  USCIS Form I-129F petition for a fiance, choose a U.S. Immigration Lawyer with specific experience with fiance visa petitions. We offer affordable flat fees and excellent client service. Call us to speak with a U.S. Immigration Lawyer with experience in K1 Fiance visas. 1-866-697-1832

K1 Fiance Visa Lawyer

Richards and Jurusik U.S. Immigration Lawyers have helped hundreds of U.S. Citizens sponsor their foreign fiancés for K1 Visas. If you are a U.S. citizen, you can petition to have your foreign fiancé to obtain a K1 fiancé visa to enter the U.S. for the purpose of marriage. In general, you must show that:

  • You (the petitioner) are a U.S. citizen.
  • You intend to marry your fiance within 90 days of their entry into the United States.
  • You and your fiancé(e) are both free to marry and any previous marriages have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment.
  • You met each other, in person, at least once within 2 years prior to filing the Fiance visa petition.

90 Day Marriage Requirement

K1 fiancé visa status automatically expires after 90 days and there is no extension process. Failure to marry within 90 days, or to depart the country, will result in failure to maintain legal immigration status. It is important that marriage occur within the 90 day window and USCIS Form I-485 filed to adjust to permanent resident status (green card) prior to the expiration of the K1 fiancé visa.

Children of the K1 Fiance

If your foreign fiancé has unmarried children under the age of 21, they will be able to obtain a K2 visa to enter the United States. This process is generally done concurrently with the K1 fiancé visa process.

Employment Authorization

If you have been admitted to the United States on a K1 fiancé visa, you are eligible to file for employment authorization through Form I-765.

K1 Fiance Visa Lawyer

If you are in a qualifying fiance relationship with a U.S. citizen, we can help with  the K1 fiancé visa through Form I-129F with USCIS. We are experienced at handling K1 fiancé visa applications and ensure that all the necessary paperwork is filed to support the petition. It is our advice to obtain the assistance of an experienced immigration lawyer from the beginning of the process. Such advice will help avoid costly mistakes, excessive delays and potential denials.

Speak with an experienced K1 Fiancé Visa Lawyer Today