Employment Authorization for Spouses of E Visa and L Visa Holders

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has extended automatic work authorization incident to status to include the spouses of both E Visa and L Visa holders. This means that the qualifying spouse of E Visa and L Visa holders are not required to obtain a work authorization document (EAD) prior to commencing work. They simply need to provide either their I-797 Approval or their valid I-94. They are also to immediately apply for and obtain a U.S. Social Security Number (SSN). Some key points in this policy update include:

If you have questions about authorization to work in the United States or have any U.S. Immigration Law-related questions, we can help.

Call Us Today